Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monthly weigh-in

Weight this morning: 124.2
A gain of 3.2 pounds!

UGH. This weight gain was all in the past week and guess what I started this past week? Strength training. EVERY SINGLE TIME I start strength training, I gain weight! It is SO frustrating. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. Every time before, I stopped doing it so I could drop the few pounds gained, every time before it worked, so I suppose that is looking mighty tempting this time around, too.

Ah well...here's to next month!

4 comments:

  1. No, no, no! Keep up the training. The weight will come off in a couple of weeks when your body figures out what the heck is going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Summer. Don't stop. She's right. Plus, if you lose fat and gain muscle it doesn't matter what the number on the scale says, your clothes will tell you that it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's not always about the number on the scale. Just because it went up doesn't mean it's bad. Muscle is good! And it burns more calories than fat. :) Keep up the good work!! You've done an AMAZING job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the words of wisdom, ladies. I'm thinking that I'll stick with it for a while just to see what happens, but if I go above 125 (my magic go-back-into-dieting-mode number) I may have to back off again. I'm just too paranoid of gaining the weight back!

    ReplyDelete