Monday, September 29, 2014

Week Two

The weekend was both good and bad, diet wise. The good is that I stayed within my calorie and fat range both days...the bad is that both days contained pizza. ;-)

I'm honestly not going to sweat it at all, though. I did the same thing last time, eating whatever I want -- as long as I stay within the calorie/fat range Sparkpeople sets up for me, that is. I feel like I'm less 'deprived' feeling and it feels like less of a diet and more of a portion restriction program. As I track my eating online, I soon realize I can eat more food if I choose smarter things and every decision becomes a trade-off. I treat it like I have $1200 in the bank and it's up to me how much I can buy with that money everyday. Pizza is expensive, but I can afford it if I budget properly. 

I am well aware it may be a slower process when I approach it like this. If I was only eating plain chicken breasts and broccoli all day long I'd most likely get where I want to go much quicker, however I doubt I could keep that up for long! I'm going for the long term here. Last time it took a full six months to get to goal, so I know this isn't going to be a quick couple of weeks till goal. We're talking MONTHS, not weeks, so I'm trying to be realistic here. 

I only did one workout over the weekend, but right now I'm focusing more on my food intake so I'm not sweating it. (HA! See what I did right there?!) I probably did about seven miles total last week, which is okay but not what I used to do, by any means. Part of this is me easing into it, part of it is me being wimpy, and part of it is slightly strategic. See, when I workout hardcore I tend to get famished, and then I am constantly hungry, which in turn makes calorie counting seem downright torturous. Right now I only want to workout enough to get a quick metabolism boost but not make my appetite jump up, and after awhile I'll start to kick up the intensity and frequency of working out. 

That's the plan, anyway. ;-)

So I am officially on week two now. This week will hopefully mirror last week in both diet and exercise (and pounds lost) but I'm going to take it one day at a time. It is also PMS week and I'm feeling a great deal of stress on behalf of my poor, stressed out teenager right now, so I'm perhaps taking it one hour at a time right now! :)

3 comments: