Monday, October 12, 2009

Why I didn't weigh in on Saturday

I didn't do an official blog weigh in this weekend even though I did step on the scale, but in case you were wondering I weighed in up a pound to 123. Not stressing. I think I've decided not to 'officially' report my up's and down's unless I get above 125 and have to go back into 'losing it mode' again. Reason? I'm fully expecting to be up a pound or two here/down a pound there for the rest of my life...I mean my monthly time alone puts me up a couple and I can't freak out once a month when that happens! So anyway, that's the plan.

Now, how am I doing? Not great. I am going through a very difficult time personally right now and it is taking a TON of effort just to function these days, which isn't leaving much energy to watch what I eat or get moving everyday. I am just at a loss so far as to how I'm going to get through this situation in one piece...nevermind if I'll be thin or fat at the end of it.

That said, I haven't given up whatsoever, just struggling to find my good place. The mantra still stands: I'll win or lose this thing at the grocery store. When I have a bag of Baked Lay's in the house (like I did this weekend) I will most definitely eat all of said bag all by myself...like I did this weekend. If I buy apples, broccoli, and yogurt, I'll be inclined to actually eat them. Ect...

I'm setting a goal to walk/run 30 minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday and do Core Secrets on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. Mind you, this is just my goal...it may or may not end up a reality. Especially this week...which is the ever-dreaded PMS week (Duh duh DUH) and who knows if (or should I say WHEN) I'll end up in bed with the heating pad at any point.

So, there you have it. Sorry I'm being vague about the personal problems...I HATE when people do that but in this case it is unavoidable. I'll try to post here often, mainly because it helps me stay focused on what I'm supposed to be doing and keeps me somewhat accountable!

Side note: I am forever cold these days! We aren't turning our heat on yet (despite below freezing temps at night and 40's/50's during the day) and it is COLD in this house! It is oddly making me want to work out LESS, even though I know it will warm me up. I just want to bundle in a heavy sweater and blanket with a book and a cup of coffee...know what I mean?? :)

**Oh, and a note to Jo...I will totally do that question thingy as soon as I'm feeling up to it. I love those things! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're going through a tough time, Miss:(
    Check your email, and get ahold of me. Okay?

    Ugh, the cold does not make me want to get moving either. I want my Snuggie and hot coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs))) Missy. I will be thinking about you. Don't worry about each pound. You are doing so great. Just focus on the problem at hand. :)

    ReplyDelete