Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Miscellaneous



Saw this quote tonight and wow...I love it. 


"We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."  C.S. Lewis

After reading some of his quotes, I'm thinking I'll be sharing some of them from time to time. He was a very wise man!  

I'm doing a bit better, by the way. Church on Sunday helped a lot. The topic was worship...how sad that I've let that concept get so far away from me! I actually wrote a really long post Sunday night, but haven't finished it yet, so, whatever. Basically, I was saying that my church issues stem mostly from old churches, not my current one. There is a lot to it, so hopefully I'll go back and finish that post soon. 

What else? Oh dear, was I a serious grouch today. PMS, unresolved issues, and homeschool stresses equaled a very growl-y mama bear today. I so hate that! I try to make up for it later with lots of love and fun and pink cupcakes...but still. Mean mama days stink. 

Oh, and it isn't even October and I'm already getting winter hands! Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Like, they are so dry my ring won't sit still. It goes round and round and upside down. What? You have no idea what I'm talking about? No really, am I the only one?  Sigh. Time to lotion up every five minutes. (It isn't even October!!)


Okay, so that's all for now. Got dishes to do and cupcakes to eat. :)


4 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the winter hands!! And it's not even cold here yet!! ugh! I think part of my problem is not drinking enough water though. :/

    And I so have grouchy days too. The weird thing is I realize I'm doing it - even in the moment - but it's like I have no power to stop it. ugh. Stupid hormones!!

    I can't wait to read the post you wrote! Hope you finish it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get winter hands, too! My rings flop over all the time. I thought it was because the colder weather made my fingers shrink a bit. I get it when it gets cold. Plus my fingers turn white and look like cadaver hands. (Raynaud's). Ugh. But since we're still having highs in the 90s, we aren't there yet!

    I was a mean Mamma Bear today, too. Actually said the "s" word. You know, "shut up." Can't believe I did that...I was frustrated beyond myself...kinda got lost in a swamp...

    Glad worship was great for you! :o0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some CSLewis:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Shauna! I just checked this GIANT book out from the library...The Complete C.S.Lewis Signature Classics. It has seven of his books (Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Problem of Pain, Miracles, A Grief Observed, and The Abolition of Man.)

    I am so excited! I'll never get through them all though. I'm thinking I'd LOVE to own this book, but it is so huge there's no way it's in my price range so...I'll be checking out from the library A LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete