Saturday, January 15, 2011

Worked out again....and some deep thoughts ;-)

Three days in a row!! I am so tickled to be back into that working out mindset again. Honestly, it is ALL a battle of the mind, isn't it? I'm finding most things in life are, actually, and those are the hardest battles for me to fight...but I'm still pressing on.

Eating is still pretty much hit or miss. I'm not beating myself up about it (well, mostly) because I know it's just a matter of re-focusing and re-stocking the house with GOOD stuff again. We've gotten into a really bad habit of keeping junk food in the house again...and that HAS to stop. If it's here, I'll eat it, end of story. I don't agree with some of the bloggers I read who keep their pantry stocked with junk food 'for the kids' and then vow to themselves they won't touch it.

Number one, your kids don't need that junk food any more than you do. Occasionally, sure. I don't believe in calling anything completely off limits, but keeping cookies, chips, ice cream, ect. constantly in the house is not good for anyone, much less kids who are forming life long habits now. Oh, and number two? You will eventually cave and eat it. You and I both know that it's going to happen. Stop living in denial already! :)

Switching subjects:

I've watched a couple of episodes of Intervention today and I have some thoughts. First, there was an episode where they did an intervention for two sisters with anorexia and I started thinking about why it is that it's acceptable to step in and tell people they're too thin...but not when they are getting too fat. It is not 'PC' to do that, right? But honestly, isn't it just as unhealthy to be overweight than it is to be underweight, if not more so?

Second, I am far too judgmental! Wow, I am so quick to want to yell at the people to just quit drinking and/or doing drugs already...but in my own life I want everyone to cut me some slack. Hmmm. Wanting others to change is easy, but actually changing myself? So hard.

At any rate, I'm trying to change ME right now, because really? I'm the only thing in this world I can control...so why not at least try?

Have a great weekend!

1 comment: