Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend recap

So, here we are, Monday again. The weekend was pretty uneventful overall. My eating was okay for the most part, exercise wasn't. I need to start recording my eating and activity again (I've noticed I'm backsliding quite a bit, so I need to do it for the accountability) so here we go!

Friday was turkey dogs on the grill. Saturday was a microwave meal for lunch and my awesome (if I do say so myself!) chicken stir-fry with brown rice for dinner. Sunday was Subway for lunch, a McDonalds ice cream cone for snack (I know! But 150 calories isn't THAT bad and it was SUPER ugly hot and muggy here) and then came dinner.

Hubby had a free pizza coupon and really wanted one with the works. Usually we get half pepperoni/half cheese, and I eat the just cheese side to minimize the damage, but I really wanted him to get what HE wanted for a change! After much deliberation, I decided to pick up a Lean Cuisine pizza for me so I could still eat pizza but not risk 400 calories a slice. Well, we picked up the big supreme pizza and it smelled SOOO good! I had a bite and decided all I really wanted to eat the crust since that IS the best part of a Papa John's pizza after all...

So I ended up eating my microwave pizza (300 calories) with a salad on the side and not one, not two, but THREE crusts off the 'real' pizza!! Not good AT ALL. Oh, I didn't pig out on three slices of supreme pizza, but three fat, bready crusts? Ugh. So...it wasn't quite a victory but it could have definitely been worse. :-)

Today I'm back on track. Eating has been good all day: two egg whites on 100% whole wheat english muffin for breakfast. Turkey sandwich on 100% whole wheat, apple, string cheese for lunch. Snack was a banana and 100 calorie pack of almonds. Dinner is going to be chicken pasta and side salad.

Did two miles on treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical. For some reason, that stinking elliptical continues to kick my butt! I'm thinking of doing a bit of upper-body strength training before I hit the shower, but in all honesty I'm not 100% committed to that plan. We'll see! My weight-loss goal for the week is just to get into the 120's, which wouldn't even take a whole pound. C'mon self...I can DO it!

Here's to a new week...

No comments:

Post a Comment