Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Life changes

It's Wednesday and I'm still plugging! The eating is going very well this week, the exercise is meh. I did a workout Monday with no running and skipped yesterday because I was feeling kinda yucky again. Today I'm feeling better so I'll try to get myself in gear later to hit the treadmill hard. 

So a bit of news...I got a job for the first time in literally 17 years to the month. I haven't told many people yet in case I chicken out or something else goes wrong, but there it is. It is with the Home Shopping Network, of all things, answering sales calls and placing orders. The best thing about it is that I'll be working from home, which is somewhat of a necessity with my anxiety. If I'm having a bad day I'll be able to be in comfy jammies, hugging my heating pad and drinking tea while I work. It is also only part time up to 25 hours a week, because I couldn't imagine jumping into a 40 hour week again after so long! The hours are 10-4, which I love, but I'll be working every Saturday and Sunday, which I HATE. I'm hoping that in time I'll be able to request one Sunday off a month, but I have no idea if that is realistic. 

There are so many worries and concerns around the situation, but I am needing something to do with my time and I'm hoping this is a good fit for me and my family. I'll keep you posted on how it works out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment