Friday, April 17, 2009

Still frustrated...

I've been lurking around a bunch of weight loss blogs this week, not commenting really because I feel like such an intruder. Everyone already has established bloggy friends and I don't feel like butting in...know what I mean?

Well anyway, everyone seems pretty honest about their slip-ups, which is great, but I don't understand how they can binge the way they do and only gain a pound (if any) yet I've been busting my butt and the scale has simply stopped moving! I am very frustrated.

I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong this week. I've gotten three workouts in so far -- 45 minutes on treadmill for a total of 2.5 miles each -- and I've been watching my food pretty well, with the obvious exception of pizza night. So what's the deal?

I've started eating Special k for breakfast this week...could that be a problem? I don't see how. I do tend to eat a snack at night, but they felt safe. My choices are either a 60 cal sugar free pudding, a dark chocolate Hershey kiss, or a cinnamon cookie 100 calorie pack. Could they be the problem??

What is it?? I'm drinking about 4 bottles of water a day. Do I need more?? I'm already peeing ALL the time!

I'm totally obsessing and I know it. I'm still weighing myself everyday and I know that isn't a good thing, but I want to be able to know when to push myself harder. This week I've been stalled between 156-155 and can't get it to budge past those numbers! Argh. This sucks.

I don't know what else to do. Add a second daily workout with weights maybe? Sigh. Just thinking about that makes me tired, but then again I didn't think I could do the run/walk thing and I totally am, so....maybe I'll try. I might surprise myself again.

I think right now just pressing on is the biggest thing. Press on, girl. Press on.

UPDATE: I did a 20 minute Core Secrets workout, you know, the one with the big ball and weights? Oh my goodness. I messed myself UP. Got cocky, went with the 5 lb. weights the first time I did it, and thought I needed medical attention when I was done. It was an hour ago and I still can barely move my arms! Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Since you don't have a lot of weight to lose, your weight loss might go slower. Are you drinking about 78 oz of water a day? I've read that you are supposed to drink half your body weight in water. Have patience! :-) You will see the scale budge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not getting quite that much. I think it's usually around 64 oz. I'll have to up that amount!

    Thanks SO much for all of your encouragement! I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete